- Post Your Resume
- For Dental Offices
- How We’re Different
Website Superior Family Smiles
● Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
● Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
● Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
● Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
● Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
● Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
● Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
● Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
● Updates uncompleted task using the online calendar system; Outlook.
● Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
● Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
● Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
● Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. ● Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies , HIPPA policies and protocols.
● Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
● Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
● Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
You must sign in to apply for this position.