- Post Your Resume
- For Dental Offices
- How We’re Different
St. Paul Children’s Foundation has an opening for a Full-time Dentist. We are a non-profit organization committed to providing assistance to families through our pediatric medical and dental clinics, as well as our food pantry and clothes closet. We are looking for someone to contribute to our Dental team by providing excellent customer service to our clients. We are an organization with a strong mission to provide quality dental care to the children. You will be changing the lives of children who often do not have access to affordable, quality dental care.
· Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries and malformation of teeth and gums and related oral structures.
· Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
· Examine teeth, gums and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays and other diagnostic equipment to evaluate dental health and plan appropriate treatment.
· Write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications relating to oral health issues.
· Educate patients and patients on maintaining proper oral health and about diet, flossing, use of fluoride and other aspects of dental care
· Remove decay from teeth and fill cavities
· Repair cracked or fractured teeth and remove teeth
· Use a variety of equipment, including x-ray machines, drills, mouth mirrors, brushes, and scalpels, and other computer technologies.
· Communicate with dental staff regarding patient treatment plans
· Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations
· Use of engineering and work practice controls and appropriate personal protective equipment (gloves, face and eye protection, gowns)
· Use work safety precautions
· OSHA training annually
· Completes educational programs in personal expertise, in clinical skills and practice management
Safety/Infection Control Activities:
· Ensures an appropriate environment for the administration of dental care by keeping all equipment and work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
· Exercise the necessary precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, operating technical equipment.
Dentists wear masks, gloves, and safety glasses to protect themselves and their clients from infectious diseases.
Formal Education and Experience
· DDS degree
· Clinical experience in the practice of dentistry
· Current license to practice of dentistry in Texas
· Certification in CPR
· Dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of care to patients
· Compiles with all office, local, state and eligibility for membership in the American Dental Association regulations, protocols and procedures
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficient in accurate data entry
· Friendly client service attitude
· Bilingual is a Plus
· Flexible to a changing and varied work environment
· Be certified to write prescriptions by Federal and State regulatory authorities
Job Type: Full-time
You must sign in to apply for this position.