The Office Manager of Dentistry provides hands-on management in support of the Dentistry Department.
Representative Duties: (Includes but is not limited to)
Oversee the administrative management of the Dentistry unit
- Develop, implement and monitor operational policies, systems and procedures (e.g. scheduling, purchasing, patient registration, workflow) in the relevant clinical areas; ensure that systems are integrated with Fenway policies and procedures
- Ensure that systems that support provider staffing (e.g. clerical support, nursing, medical records) are well coordinated with provider efforts
- Become knowledgeable regarding relevant JCAHO and other certification and operational requirements and regulations, and implement procedures to ensure such requirements are consistently met
- Develop process to oversee inventory of supplies and ensure their availability
- Become knowledgeable regarding the specifics of dental supplies and instruments; make recommendations regarding review of and purchase of supplies and equipment
Ensure optimum contribution of the Dentistry unit
- Analyze provider productivity and make recommendations to increase efficiency
- Participate in efforts to increase patient population for dental services
- Responsible for credentialing new/existing providers to insurances
- Process department purchase order forms
- In collaboration with the Director of Quality Improvement, establish quality measurements and carry out quality improvement activities
- Assist in evaluating operational needs and provide recommendations to improve overall operational efficiency
- Become and remain knowledgeable about regulations regarding the provision of dental services
- Monitor productivity of clinic as relates to budget, patient flow etc.
- Participate in efforts to monitor the patient experience in order to enhance the quality of care and patient satisfaction
Manage and monitor the Dentistry budget
- Assist with the preparation of annual Dentistry budget
- Monitor departmental fiscal activity, assuring that expenses are within guidelines; alert the Chief Operations Officer when expenses exceed projections
- Monitor clinic productivity as relates to budget, fiscal projection, growth projections, patient flow etc.
- Prepare a variety of budget and productivity reports.
- Become knowledgeable regarding dental billing procedures and special billing issues; perform and/or oversee the Accounts Receivable function
Fenway Health offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide an 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of paid vacation for new staff and more.
We strongly encourage LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years management experience
- Previous experience working in a dental environment strongly preferred
- Experience with scheduling and budget preparation
- Ability to develop and maintain operational systems
- Previous successful supervisory experience
- Knowledge of principles related to quality improvement
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while maintaining confidentiality
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse work staff preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Clinical Dental Director