The Dentistry Administrative Supervisor oversees and participates in patient services related duties in the dental department. Those duties include customer service, registration, scheduling, billing, and troubleshooting any issues.
1. Assist front desk and provide excellent customer service
- Greet each client with a smile and welcoming, professional manner
- Answer each phone call in a cheerful and professional manner
- Log information on calls received, where required and maintains detailed and accurate records
- Provide clients with correct and accurate information regarding FCHC services and providers (Ask for input from team colleagues if unsure of correct response to inquiries)
- Refer unusual or difficult situations to supervisor
- At all times maintain patient confidentiality, speak in quiet tones at the desk with colleagues and clients and behave appropriately for a highly visible position
- Be discrete when obtaining sensitive information from clients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
- Serves at point person for dental providers and patients to change client demographic data
- Takes patient complaints, follow up and ensures feedback and resolution
2. Accurately perform registration process for new and existing patients
- Accurately register and enter new patient demographic data and insurance information in system
- Verify existing patients’ demographic data and insurance information at each visit; accurately record and enter any changes received
- Collect co-payments and agreed fees at check in
3. Schedule appointments according to established procedures
- Schedule appointments according to the patient’s needs and provider availability
- Follow established procedures
4. Collection of daily cash and audit procedures
- Collect client payments and record in timely and accurate manner
- Verify all transactions at the end of the day and report all discrepancies
- Run daily reports in a timely manner and according to written guidelines
5. Assist in billing duties
- Enter all relevant encounter form information on daily basis
- Accurately enter all information required to submit correct claims to 1st and 3rd party payers
- Post information from daily cash grids
6. Contact Insurance companies for benefit breakdowns
- Contacts insurance companies via phone or web
- Input data received into patients file
7. Other Administrative Duties
- Collect accurate payment and input into software for Dentistry
- Responsible for ordering Dental and Dentistry office supplies
- Maintain supply inventory by checking inventory daily
- Responsible for credentialing new/existing providers to insurances
- Process weekly deposits
- Attend EOC and Telecommunication meetings
- Process department purchase order forms
- Process PT-1 Forms
- Responsible for sending/receiving dental records to patients and other dental offices
Fenway Health offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide an 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Proven experience as a security manager, law enforcement officer or similar position. Prior security experience in a health care environment is highly desirable.
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV, access control and intrusion systems, panic alarms, etc)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable as the position will require the incumbent to be available 24/7 should safety or security emergencies occur.
- High school diploma; Further education and/or certifications in security administration or similar fields, such as a CPP certification, is highly desirable.
- Compensation package is commensurate with salary history and experience.