- Post Your Resume
- For Dental Offices
- How We’re Different
The Director of Dental Services is responsible for the leadership of assigned dental providers and hygienists, clinical oversight of patient care of assigned dental providers and/or clinics. The Director, Dental Services reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
For more details and to apply, please visit:
• Perform comprehensive assessment of patients using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation and percussion.
• Order or execute various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
• Diagnose and treat diseases, disorders and injuries based on patient’s medical history and results of physical assessment and refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
• Prescribe medications and therapies for treatment and preventative care.
• Instruct patients and their families regarding procedures performed, home care and follow up visits.
• Direct professional and ancillary health care staff during treatment of patients.
• Respond to inquiries from staff and patients regarding preventative health and treatments.
• Compile patient medical data including health history, treatment plans, and results of physical examination, etc. and record
• in electronic medical record.
• Report required information including deaths and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
• Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of medical practice.
• Performs up to 16 hours of administrative time per week.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer services.
• Interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
• High degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of medicine and associated charting requirements.
• High level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to implement and evaluation operational and emergency situations successfully.
• Demonstrated understand of and/or experience working in a patient centered medical home (PCMH) environment.
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience working in an integrated delivery environment.
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
• Direct Reports: Dentists and Dental Hygienists for all Dental sites.
• Assumes full responsibility for patients receiving care within the designated health centers.
• Works in tandem with the Health Center’s practice and clinical leaders to ensure a collaborative team oriented
• Leads and motivates the medical providers under his/her supervision; uses effective medical and people performance
• Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of CUC.
• Serves as the champion for Value Based Care initiatives and other initiatives that may impact the operations of CUC and/or
the quality of patient care.
• Performs objective annual evaluations of all direct reports with the input from the Practice Leader.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited school with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 2 years of clinic experience
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 5 years of clinical experience with 2 years in leadership/mentorship
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Holds and maintains certification by one of the following:
1. Unrestricted License to practice dentistry in the state of Texas.
2. Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration for the purpose of writing prescriptions.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: DDS or DMD
REQUIRED COURSES/COMPLETIONS (e.g., CPR): Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card. Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers.